Saturday 26 July 2008

Divine Inspiration



It's taken me a long time to write todays blog entry. I sat and pondered. While I did all the other things that make up the bulk of my day I considered what I might write. Usually an idea pops into my head spontaneously, and I think "eureka" that's what I'll write about today. But that didn't happen today. I waited, in the hope that something would happen, or an inspiration would present itself, or a chance conversation might provide that last little jigsaw piece that would put my day into context. When it didn't come I avoided it. Then I tried again. I thought it through and I considered possible topics I could write about, running through them in my head, but they just weren't right. I got in my own way.

So I decided to just sit in front of my keyboard and just write my truth, what that truth consists of, for me, here and now. That is what this is. I had tried so hard to "produce" an idea that I forgot that the words are simply an expression of an inspiration. That inspiration might come through me and take on the flavour of my personality, but I don't create the inspiration, It comes unbidden from a higher source, the Source!

Obviously there are many different opinions as to the source of inspiration, the Divine, the subconscious, the Higher Self, spirit guides and so on. I don't feel the need to pin it down and rationalise it. I just feel I need to appreciate two things.

That inspiration comes from a higher place

&

the importance of not getting in my own way.

How often have you tried so hard to make something work, to achieve an specified outcome, that you have made a complete mess of it? I know I have more times than I can count! The thing is that creating an outcome needs inspiration, positive focus, and action. Desperation will not help! Frustration and impatience only hold you back. When you try so hard to engineer things to follow a particular pattern you get in the way of the flow.

If you can, focus on your desired outcome, in a positive and relaxed way, and trust that it will manifest. Trust that the inspiration you need for any given task will come. Trust that events will conspire to help you, so long as you don't worry too much about "how". Thats the essence of the saying "let go and let God". Trust in your source, whatever that means to you personally, to guide you and it will happen, regardless of what "it" might be. Keep it simple, when the inspiration comes act on it. Oh and try not to over analyse it, looking for all the reasons why it won't work! Faith and inspiration go hand in hand.

Today, I had forgotten all of this. When I remembered, I sat here in front of my keyboard with no ideas but with faith and trust and my focus on a desired outcome without asking "how" and this blog entry is the result of my getting out of my own way.

No comments: