Monday 4 August 2008

I Haven't Abandoned My Blog !


It has been a few days since my last blog entry. Now I have been known to have problems with self discipline and while I am good at starting a new project, I am not always very good at maintaining or finishing them. But to be fair I have had my reasons for tardy blogging!

I have been concentrating my efforts of the last week on the Starlight Intuitions Forum. There have been quite a few changes.

For a start I have combined forces with Louise of TACRA which was formerly known as the "Tarot & Angel Card Readers Alliance" and is now known as the Tarot, Angel & Clairvoyants Resources Association. The site originally sold readings (I myself was a TACRA Reader) and had its own forum. I was also a moderator on the TACRA forum for a while.

Shortly after I had set up Starlight Intuitions Forum & Blog I finally had the chance to talk to my friend Louise. I discovered that Louise had taken some time out from the site and really wanted to move in a new direction, but wasn't quite sure of the specifics, and she hadn't decided what she wanted to do with the TACRA Forum. I felt I had the time to devote to a forum in addition to this blog. A solution was born.

We decided to operate as sister sites. We would move the forum membership to Starlight Intuitions, keep the old forum accessible as an archive and link to Louise's new and improved website. In turn Louise would link to Starlight Intuitions.

It's funny what happens in certain relationships. It is a though some people come in to your lives at specific time in order to help, inspire or work with you to further your goals and if you are lucky you can do the same for them. I would say Louise and I have that kind of friendship.

So for the past week I have been busy transferring the TACRA members to Starlight Intuitions, adding the new members email addresses to the email listing, writing a "Welcome Email", and sending it to all new members and placing links on the log & Forum to the TACRA sites.

I have also been making other improvements to the site. I have updated the calender to show lunar and solar astrological information, multi-faith holy days and celebrations and birthdays of esteemed individuals. There are now links to Jonathon Cainer's daily horoscopes for each sign. I have been adding and improving, tweaking and re-vamping. I hope you will notice a difference.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I have incorporated all the planned changes and seem to be back on top of things (for now at least) and normal service will now resume on this blog.

The one negative of this hive of activity, other than putting this blog on the back burner is that I felt I didn't give my friends and family as much of my time as I would have liked to! Last night having completed most of the planned tasks on the forum I was watching a drama programme. One of the characters was talking of the importance of enjoying the moment, of not saving things for a special occasion and putting things off till later, once you have got everything done!

Now this isn't exactly a new concept to me, but one I sometimes need reminding of! It is so easy to put things off, to wait until later, to fill your time with being busy. So just so you know, if I don't blog for a little while I am either busy, or I am busy not being busy and making time for the little things!

No comments: